Wednesday 14 September 2011

Proposal

I have chosen for my music video to do the song Shuffle by Bombay Bicycle Club. My music would be aimed at young people who are interested in going to festivals and socializing. I think both men and women would be interested in my video
I have chosen this song because I think it is upbeat and would be fun to do for the video.  The actual video of the song you can see it was filmed at lots of different locations for example festivals. The music video would be aimed at everyone but mostly young people. My video will not be focused on one single person but a group of people. My actors will be between the ages of 17 and 20.  I would like my actors to use props for example instruments like trumpets because they are used in song and also a piano because it is played the most in the song. I may shoot some scenes in the pub; White Bear because it is quite local and it would be easy to shoot there because they have a mini stage. It also has a good atmosphere.  I may also shoot in Regents Park because they have band stands. My actors will wear the clothes what they would normally wear if they were going out. I am letting my actors choose what they wear because I think they all know what is good and what is not. I think it will give some freedom to the actors.
My idea for the video would be for a group of people this maybe people who I know well and would feel comfortable being shot together. I would like mine to be more relaxed and fun instead of a complete script or storyboard of what is going to happen in the video. I may use some green screen to show some lyrics of the song. The lyrics are quite repetitive. I will use the chorus of the song for the on screen lyrics, like in the video Good Life by Kanye West. I will have group shots and some close ups of the actors faces. I will also use some lighting in the video because some shots maybe shot when it is dark. I would like to use lighting like spot lights or fill lights. My actors will not be shown all together because this could make it look very confusing and there would be too many people performing. I may have single shotsof people singing the song or maybe a pair singing together.  I will also ask my actors to sign a agreement form, this means they will be reliable throughout the filming of my video. I will also use after effects which will be the last step to process. Using after effects will make the video better and more realistic.
I would like my video to be shown in channels like VIVA or MTV because these are all well known and mostly young people would watch these channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment