Monday 16 April 2012

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

For my A2 coursework I have done a music video. The song I have chosen is Shuffle by Bombay Bicycle Club. I have also done a Digi-pack and music advertisement. I have shown various shots and camera effects. For my video I did location shoots and green screen shots. Doing a location shoot gave me more flexibility on my video. We also did some planning and research before making my video it has helped by giving me ideas on my own video. We used blogger to present our work; this let us making weekly diaries of how our work was going on with our work.
 At the beginning of our coursework we researched into other music videos to give us ideas. I looked at videos like Kate Nash; Foundations. We also looked at music advertisements and other Digi packs giving us and idea of what should be on ours. When look at other music videos I saw the main concepts of most video for example most videos have a main actress and I have done this in my video.  Music videos are different depending on the genre. For example an indie music video may show shots more with guitars and in general instruments. I have targeted my video at young people who enjoy indie music.
 The shots I have used at close ups, extreme close ups and mid shots. I also used panning shots when doing my video. This let me move around my actor. My video has a relaxed way to it, this is shown through what my actors are doing it and my chosen song. I have also linked the visuals of my video and the lyrics of the song for instance in my video my main actress has written parts of the lyrics on her hand. Using Andrew Goodwin’s theory about music videos I have used linked his theories with my own music video For example he talks about having the visuals and lyrics of the song being linked together and I have shown this my video. He also talks about a females being the main star in video and voyeuristic  I have done this in mine because my main star is a female and she is shown in most shots. I have shown body shots of her where she is wearing a black dress and extreme close ups of her. I have done a close up of her lips. She is wearing prominent red lipstick making her look quite seductive and beautiful. Music videos are different depending on the genre. For example an indie music video may show shots more with guitars and in general instruments.
I have targeted my video at young people who enjoy indie music. My main actress is also shown wearing a cross. Religious symbolisms are being shown more often in genres like indie, like what the people are wearing. High mainstream clothing brands are using more religious symbolisms in the accessories that they are making and clothing. My video has no particular narrative to it because I have not linked it with the typical theorists like Todrov. My video has some structure because I have shown my main actress at the beginning and the end showing a kind of circular structure to it.
 For my digi pack I have shown the typical conventions of a CD cover like a main image, the title of the album and who it is by. On my front cover I have shown a landscape portrait of the main actors in my video.
I used examples of other videos to help make my own, for example for the video of my actual song, I used the same sort of tone because it was quite fun and relaxed. My video is similar because the people in the video are shown dancing, and having fun. I felt like a young audience could relate to this. I also used other ideas from videos like adding the written lyrics on shots. This is shown In a lot in videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment