Monday 16 April 2012

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

I have produced my video to entertain my audience. I have also made my video so my audience can relate to it. For example what my actors are doing in the video and what they are wearing. Younger people may also be able to relate to lyrics of the song   My CD covers are there for the audiences so they are able to buy the product, When doing all three tasks which was my main product and the two auxiliary tasks I have tried to entwine all the tasks together for example I have created my own house style which is the use of fairy lights. Fairy lights were used throughout and also in my digi pack covers. I believe my product and auxiliary tasks have served their purpose because I have shown all the conventions of music videos and auxiliary tasks. My original idea for my digi packs was that I was going to use a etcha sketch and scrabble board for the back and front cover. The reason for this was that I wanted to make my digi pack playful.  
I made it clear who the band is and what they want to accomplish by releasing a CD. I have shown a main image of the band, making it to look like a kind of portrait. On the music advertisement i have shown where you can find the band’s music and this was ITunes. I have also given the bands website so fans can find out more about the band and tours/gigs etc.
For the Digi pack front cover I have used the same image as the one on my music advertisement. The reason for this is so the person who is purchasing the album know who exactly who they are buying.
My music advertisement and Digi pack has a positive theme through. This is shown through the setting of the products; also through the people shown in the products.
I feel my products have served their purpose. I think after someone seeing the product it would make them want to buy the album.
Also the fonts I have used in all the products are the same. I did not want change the font type because I felt that the fonts I used were effective and went with the layout of all the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment